Thread: Patch & Ball
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2010, 07:13 AM   #2
sneeker

That is obviously a tight fit,what amount of effort does it take to get a fit like that through? Are you really leaning on it (using body weight) or just shy of that?I guess busting a gut is what I'm trying to say. I only have my own experience to go by,for me it seems like it goes in very snug, it's not easy to push in but it's not so hard I'm thinking I need something to stand on to make it happen.I would think the kind of lube being used plays a big part in that.( patch thickness as well)My patches don't look as clean as yours ( it's close)but looking at mine I thought they could be used again as well. It just occurred to me one of the times I dry balled when I got it out I remember seeing little dings like that on my ball also. I thought it was cool to see how the ball conformed to the barrel. So with that in mind could one think I'm at the right fit? When I first shot my flint with the first pack of patches I had which I no longer use I could shoot 20 some shots without cleaning and still get the ball in,( I didn't have the accuracy I'm getting now then) now after 6 or so it becomes quite the effort. I figured that was because my patch/ball was now a better fit. I also have much tighter groups consistently.

Page generated in 0.02327 seconds with 8 queries