Thread: skorzeny
View Single Post
Old September 21, 2000, 07:55 PM   #4
fubsy

Krept,

thanks for the reply and no I wasnt baiting skorzeny. I get the impression from his reply's that he thinks karate as a fighting form is useless.
You take basically the same martial studies as skorzeny right?
I read in your post that primarily early on that karate simply was forms....all I can go on is my limited experience and after a gruelling excercise regimen we would free spar practically every class----Im limited in my scope for a couple of reasons, and thats partly why I asked the question. At the time I was going through dojo training the classes were morning classes and it would be two blackbelts and two or three students max, normally two students. So Im limited in my exposure. I guess Im basically just a walking talking punching bag...lol..
The school I trained at had a highly motivated blackbelt contingent, many had 20+ years experience, and they would take seminars and bring that back and several became ranked in different arts and brought that to us well. Some of the older instructers had blackbelt rank in different styles before coming to our school.
How technical do you have to be to throw an effective knee?, or an effective elbow?, or kick with the shin....
Dont misunderstand, Im not attacking anything you believe in, muythai, shoto, bjj, I think its all very very good. While it is to the fore att, its most likely with good reason and not a flavor of the month......
that being said my question stands Is karate useless as a form of selfdefense.
.....fubsy....

Page generated in 0.03513 seconds with 8 queries