View Single Post
Old August 19, 2010, 02:06 PM   #5
kraigwy

I got shot in my right hand (don't ask, cause its not up for discussion).

I had my hand all taped up with I went back to work and my Patrol Sgt asked if I could draw and shoot left handed. (I was still wearing my service revolver on my right side). I showed him by reaching around with my left had and pulling the revolver out. He shook his head and told me go go to property and draw a left handed holster. I did and spent a great deal of time practicing before I could get it down.

NEVER AGAIN, I always practice with my left hand. Nothing beats dry firing with a Laser sight for getting your left hand in shape. I also walk around my range shooting empty shotgun hulls laying on the ground using my 642 in my left hand.

I also carry my 642 in my left pants pocket. Normally you would have time getting a good two handed grip, but I still spend a lot of time drawing and firing with my left hand.

I also practice the course of fire I use for my HR218 qualification using nothing but my left hand and found I have no problem qualifying.

I will add, it was a lot easier to learn to shoot left handed then write left handed. I had to go to the bank and do another signature card so I could write checks.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.03068 seconds with 8 queries