Thread: Osborne Uses
View Single Post
Old October 1, 2000, 11:40 PM   #3
Coronach

Hmm.

I carry two knives on me pretty much all the time, one for 'defense' (AFCK) and one for use (currently a buck folder, I'll upgrade after I buy my FAL ).

In general I think it is best to have one knife on you that is absolutely razor sharp, good to go, etc...because Murphy will determine that if you EVER need to use a knife in a life-saving manner (not necessarily in a fight, but that would count, too), it WILL be right after you used it to hack up 1000 yards of binders twine and it currently would have a hard time pushing through soft butter.

In general, though, as long as you 1. don't abuse it and 2. resharpen it regularly, there is no real reason not to carry just one, and I certainly wouldn't call you an idiot for doing it.

This guy sounds like a dumbarse.

Mike

PS also helping this 'one knife is pristine' thing is the fact that Benchmade's 'black-ti' coating is AMAZINGLY easy to rub off...and my AFCK blade is tool-steel...it rusts.

------------------
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein

Page generated in 0.07224 seconds with 8 queries