Thread: Family problems
View Single Post
Old June 6, 2009, 03:03 PM   #26
Tucker 1371

Quote:
Young man, Lee Lapin gave you some advice to which you didn't bother responding. You're not even on the front doorstep of being prepared either emotionally, mentally or factually.
My apologies to both you and Mr. Lapin. I did look into some of the NRA courses offered and I plan to attend at least two when I have a handgun and time and money allow.

However, there is no need to belittle me because of my age. I am trying to be as ready and prepared as I can given my current experience. Can you fault me on that? I have a full understanding of my state's self defense laws and have read as much as possible about individual self defense cases in my state, barring any foolish actions (i.e. Oklahoma pharmacist) on my or another family member's part I have a very good idea of how my state's laws would apply in the aftermath of a use of lethal force in defense of our home. I know I am not ready mentally, but who is who has not had the unfortunate experience of taking a human life? I know I have one skill that is important to have in a high stress situation and that is the ability to detach emotionally and fall back on training or a plan of action. I know that if I do not do this when I have to defend my home then I will surely fail, I will either hesitate and be killed or make a very costly mistake that causes me to take the life of a family member or close friend. Short of the formal training mentioned above I believe I am as prepared as I can be, for now.

I have discussed this with my family and we have decided on a best course of action, I still have some talking to do with my younger brother but he will get straightened out and know his role.

Edit:
Quote:
My plan is if ever needed take the safety off the gun, get everyone inside 1 room including the dog, lock the door, keep dog at your side, call 911, defend said door from intruders.
I like this, low risk for me and hard to construe as me being a "bloodthirsty vigilante". My parents will (should) be guarding their own door with my brother's 20ga. That said and my dad being the very authoritative ex-navy officer that he is will probably still try to remove an intruder just by barking orders at him. If that fails I have a feeling that we're in for a rough night.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe

Last edited by Tucker 1371; June 6, 2009 at 03:16 PM.

Page generated in 0.03617 seconds with 8 queries