View Single Post
Old April 18, 2007, 10:15 AM   #10
Smokey Joe

BEST brass

bar none, price be darned, is Lapua for centerfire rifle brass. Norma is a close second.

Very uniform for weight and capacity; flash holes drilled not punched; what's not to like? The xtra cost for these brands is in the quality control, plus importation. Worth it IMHO.

I note that you didn't specify anything about availability nor price. Free range pickup brass is the cheapest and easiest to "buy," and of course your '06 uses one of the easiest-to-find of brass at almost any rifle range. Winchester from Wally World is probably the easiest commercial source of brass but you have to buy it as ammo and shoot the ammo. The resultant brass is very nice, but not in the same league as Lap. or Nor.

When I began reloading I found that one of my '06's preferred Rem brass and the other shot better with Win brass. (Go figure.) I now use Lapua for all my '06 reloading.

The brass doesn't cost all that much from Midway, and it lasts close to forever. Well, close enough for my purposes.

--Smokey Joe

Last edited by Smokey Joe; April 18, 2007 at 10:16 AM. Reason: The usual--had another thought.

Page generated in 0.03208 seconds with 8 queries