View Single Post
Old February 13, 2014, 06:40 PM   #2
leadcounsel

I feel your pain. I was disarmed, too, ironically, as a Soldier by the US Army despite allegedly being part of the most well-trained military in the world... apparently being a well-trained officer with a TS clearance isn't enough... and ironically, I bought the $50 state permit with no real testing other than a quick background check and could carry in most states... Life just makes no sense sometimes.

My solution. I left the military. I served and moved on. Not interested in working for an employer that values my life so little, and trusts me so little, as to not allow me to carry a gun that the state allows.

I had years ago considered starting a business to rented lockers outside of base for folks to put their guns in during work hours. I thought it through and don't think you could make a profit unless it was just a side business on an already profitable business... and even then you're bound to have NDs and ADs and perhaps even robberies with all those loaded guns coming and going... insurance would likely be high, and there might even be licensing requirements to hold guns for people, drawing FED scrutiny.

BTW, prepare for a REAL hassle if you get stationed somewhere and are forced to live on base and report all of your guns, or worse, get stationed somewhere that your guns aren't allowed ... more reasons it was no longer a good career for me. If you have more than a few guns, you'll likely draw some extra scrutiny, maybe be asked to lock them at the unit arms room, and registering all of them will suck. Oh, and if you are forced to move to non-free states, leave all your scary stuff behind...

I learned that the military doesn't care about the individual, and the individual has very few rights.

So, you either just accept it, or leave the military. The military is simply about total control, and is anti-gun.

FWIW, it's a very serious crime to be caught carrying a concealed weapon, or even having an unregistered weapon and/or loaded weapon on base, and even an unloaded weapon unless you are driving directly to/from the range during range hours. Random vehicle searches on base catch unregistered weapons regularly, and the consequences are not fun.

Last edited by leadcounsel; February 13, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.02906 seconds with 8 queries