View Single Post
Old December 12, 2013, 08:32 AM   #16
Mystro

This is are terrain in central Pa. It is called the Pa. Grand Canyon. Where the big isolated mountains meet the farm lands give big bear and deer a place to never see a human. Most of north central Pa is very wild and isolated. Think, Montana of the East Coast.
Field and Stream and other hunting magazines have done stories on this legendary bear hunting area.

The big boars are not scared of humans from my experience. I have had several 500lbs boars in my back yard that runs from nothing. Pellet guns or noise makers barely get a glance. A rubber tipped blunt arrow from my Mathews bow is the only thump that will get them on their way. They would wait just inside my woods where I couldnt see them and watch for me to take my garbage can up to the top of the road. I have had several times where they would pop their jaws and push trees while watching me take my garbage up. I have learned to read the bears body language over the years and 97% of the time they are bluffing. The other 3% will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up even when carrying a 12 gauge pump with 3" slugs. I have had several barrel traps from the Pa. Game in my drive way to trap them but the big bears are very smart. They even told me that if they do catch them and relocate them, they will find their way back to my area in a few weeks. The excessive bear presence seems to come in cycles of about every 6 to 8 years around my house with average sightings every year. I will see bear in bow season all the time but in the 4 days of bear season they disappear.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; December 12, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03702 seconds with 8 queries