View Single Post
Old August 9, 2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Sevens

Just want to make the point that published load data should not be interpreted as computed formula results to be followed to the letter. What I mean is -- published data is simply a grid that shows you all the stuff they used, in the platform they used it... with the results they found.

What happens when all those components are assembled is NOT written in stone. Published load data is a guideline and a test result.

There could be other factors that caused them to list Powder A at a certain "maximum" load -- perhaps an extreme temperature sensitivity or other wonky variable that kept them from working the load further. In that case, there may be room to advance Powder A and take it past what they show as a top result for Powder B.

Published data is a terrific resource. It's a starting place for your own experiments and it's (hopefully!) a safe set of guidelines worked up in a laboratory with quality equipment by quality people. But at the end of the day, it truly is nothing more than a published set of test results.

When we work up a load with the hope/plan of making a pet load out of it, we are doing much the same thing, without the equipment, facilities and bankroll that they have.

Page generated in 0.02771 seconds with 8 queries