View Single Post
Old November 1, 2008, 02:47 PM   #33
BuckHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldMarksman
The gist is that you may use deadly force to protect yourself or someone else, and you may use deadly force to prevent or terminate the unlawful entry of your dwelling or automobile if you are in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckHammer
However, this will not be my first response, unless, of course, I feel that my life or well-being is being threatened (such as being robbed at gunpoint).
Armed robberies would seem to create a situation in which I would need to defend myself or someone else. Also, the quote was about ARMED ROBBERIES, which it would seem, based on your take of Indiana law, to justify the use of deadly force. My take is almost identical to yours. That is why I made my post about the use of that "deadly force". Also, the second half of my post (which I quoted in this post) justified the first half, so please don't take the first half out of context. I stated that deadly force would not be my first response, which I hoped (without merit, apparently) would indicate my reluctance to use it or advocate it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't automatically assume the worst about me and my post. Also, don't demonize me based on what you perceive my opinion to be.

Page generated in 0.02582 seconds with 8 queries