View Single Post
Old June 28, 2013, 11:24 PM   #9
drcook

Quote:
Alright...

I ordered an Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight with a 28" vent rib barrel in 12 gauge today. I had to special order it through a local store.

I wanted a good, solid, reliable, well-made, all-around shotgun that would last a lifetime. Part of me kind of likes their uniqueness in this day and age. They aren't as prevalent as Wingmasters, for example.

Good purchase?
I did the tour also. I was checking the place out based upon my background when I was younger. I did tool and die work and really high precision stuff.

I can say that the current iteration of Ithaca has a commitment to quality that is second to none. Each and every part is machined. Some of the trigger guards are precision cast and machined where needed. (Rugers are precision cast, Shiloh Sharps are precision cast and no one carps about them).

The remainder of the parts are machined from bar stock. They have tools and fixtures for inspecting the parts as they are produced. The current owner has invested in high dollar CNC machines and has adopted practices that ensure quality.

Those guns are worth every penny that you pay for them.

You do realize that Ithacas multiply in your gun safe, don't you ? They are like a certain brand of tater chips in the fact that you can't own just one.

Page generated in 0.03589 seconds with 8 queries