View Single Post
Old July 15, 2011, 05:32 PM   #31
AK103K

Quote:
The issue with long range shooting is "Is it a threat?" If the shooter has a long gun, yes, it is, or could be. If he is shooting but missing by a great margin, take cover and call 9-1-1.
A boy down the road from me was shot at 200 yards across open fields while he was having a smoke out in the yard. Personal argument gone bad. Having the need of long range skills isnt really that far fetched.

If you can be hit, its a threat, even if it seems that rounds are going all over the place. Even a blind squirrel gets lucky once in awhile too.

As far as 911, we just got it a little while back. Unless a Trooper is right around here, response time is still about half an hour or so. Sometimes, you just have to cowboy up and do things yourself until the cavalry arrives.

Quote:
And remember, if you advance toward the shooter (as implied here), YOU may be seen as the agressor. At the least you will have a harder case to prove in court.
I understand the thoughts here, but then again, I dont. The way some will have you think, you really cant protect yourself, and you need to carry a lawyer around with you and get approval to return fire (wait, that sounds a lot like US military policy for the last 40 years ). Perhaps priorities need to be addressed.

Court is the aftermath. You have to live to get there.

Page generated in 0.02818 seconds with 8 queries