View Single Post
Old January 1, 2007, 04:18 PM   #40
NCHornet

This post in right inline with one I posted on another forum. It seems to me by the video that this officer was probably a rookie ( under 5 years street experience) and more than likely in rural area. This is the type of enviorment that I currently live. I grew up outside LA and my brother n law was a San Bernardino Deputy and my best friend was a LA deputy out of Firestone Park (Ghetto) it doesn't get much rougher than this area. My weekends were filled with ride a longs with both of them. There training was remarkable, with many training classes being taken throughout the year. Where I currently live, it is a down right joke the training these young officers receive. They are paid $10.00 per hour and thrown out in a car all by themselves. This is crazy in my personal opinion. Sure we live in Mayberry RFD (literally), but bad stuff happens everywhere and it is time that we learned that we need to invest in our officers, bith in training and salary if we expect them to stick around and do the job. Our local police and Sherrifs dept have a huge turnover rate because they literally quit and go to work at Lowes to support their families.
This young officer was darn lucky to go home that night. I see several things that showed his lack of training but won't go into them. I will say that all officers should carry a BUG for scenarios just like this one. This officer upon retreaving his weapon, never tried to clear the jamb, not one time, if the gun could not be cleared the BUG should have been drawn and dumped into the COM of the perp. Again I am thankful he went home that night and can only hope he seeks further training on his own and now carries a BUG.

Page generated in 0.02937 seconds with 8 queries