View Single Post
Old October 2, 2010, 10:17 AM   #6
shooter_john

Quote:
Stressful and loud and scary but it didn't look all that bad considering the participants. These were not normal folks. Doing this with normal folks would make as much sense as giving a regular guy with a drivers license an Indy car. No bueno for Joe Snuffy but no problem for (Insert driver's name here)

When I was a swat police we used to train for vehicle assaults where we had shooters on both sides of the car shooting inboard and sniper initiated assaults where the long rifle boys shot right past the entry team. On one special occasion we set up targets facing each other along the sides of the range. By the time the drill was over we were standing between the targets while our partners shot them and we shot the targets beside them. I never doubted my partner's skill or guts after that day. Stupid with normal people and a serious calculated risk with trained entry guys but it was a whole lot safer and more controlled than a real world encounter would be.- grumpycoconut
Agreed. I'm thinking blanks in the instructors rifle and if that was indeed the case, I say good training. (I never saw any impacts on the ground) Not far at all from training that I've received in good SWAT courses. Our team also does sniper initiated entries, and we've done live fire officer rescue drills, with live officers down range. Intense training for sure, but there is no real substitute otherwise. The better the group of people you're working with, the more the envelope can be pushed.

Page generated in 0.04109 seconds with 8 queries