View Single Post
Old August 9, 2012, 08:54 AM   #10
geetarman

I have had some instruction from LEOs that helped me a lot.

I have had the same problem shooting low and to the left. Dry firing is a great practice to see what happens when you shoot.

The thing that has helped me the MOST is getting a GOOD grip on the weapon with the strong hand. The grip needs to be firm but not so tight that you want to tremble.

Weak hand wraps around strong hand with both thumbs forward ( baby bottom) with weak hand thumb lightly touching slide.

When you get the grip right and the gun firmly wedged into the web of your hand, you should be able to shoot a magazine through the gun without shifting your grip. If you find that in between shots, you are moving the gun around to get a better grip, you are not getting the grip down right at the get go.

That is one of the reasons I really like a G21. It is a big gun and it feels natural to me. It also shoots really well.

Concentrate on front sight. Target will blur. Finger enters trigger guard with first pad on finger centered on trigger and start pressing rearward and watching front sight..

Shot should surprise you, and if it does, you should be able to call the shot.

If you put too little finger in the trigger, you will push the shot left and likely down.

I shoot frequently and I have a callus that forms on the side of my trigger finger.

I shoot better when I shoot enough to keep the callus there.

I also play guitar and I play a lot. I get the same feeling in my fretting hand fingers. I get the calluses when I play and it keeps the pain down.

Same way with shooting.

I had to lay off shooting for almost 3 weeks because of range work being done and my callus almost went away. I could really feel and see the difference when I went out to shoot.

I burned through a couple hundred .45 and 9mm and the callus is back. Tomorrow is range day. Yay

Carpe Cerveza

Last edited by geetarman; August 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.03263 seconds with 8 queries