View Single Post
Old May 30, 2010, 06:42 PM   #11
wyobohunter

Quote:
Hhmmm....Well, I'm wondering if the spouse who's gone 2wks at a time has made it home since the next door neighbor has been acting out? If so, why hasn't he obtained a proper firearm for his family??
Money my friend, plus she isn't sure exactly what she wants yet. I'm trying to stear them toward a youth length of pull 12 gauge. It'd work for crazy neighbors and bears (I've gone over to scare away a 3 legged brown bear once before).

Quote:
I mean, is there some horribly long waiting period to purchase a firearm up there???
No waiting period. We have about the most leniant gun laws in the country.

Quote:
[Also...just my personal curiosity, but what constitutes a proper HD firearm in your lights???? Do shotguns, rifles, and other guns than a revolver qualify?????]--Patrice
As I said, I think she'd be best off with a youth model 12 gauge. They have a 12 gauge but it doesn't fit her. He is long and lanky while she is small of stature. He bought his Super Nova thinking it'd be a great all around gun (including for her personal defense while he's gone) but he isn't really a "gun guy" so he didn't know about length of pull.

The only gun I own that would be simple enough for her to learn in a few hours of shooting and fit her and that I'd consider a man stopper (although inadequate for brown bear) is the SP101.

Page generated in 0.02206 seconds with 8 queries