View Single Post
Old September 3, 2010, 05:46 PM   #20
wheelgunner357

My most memorable happened while my teamate and I were working with a Middle Eastern militia outfit. Most of them were pretty professional, but there were more than a few, I'll be polite and say, less than stellar students. One evening after an uneventful patrol we were in the office of one of the leaders winding down and debriefing.

This leaders brother-in-law was sitting in a chair to my right and I looked over and noticed he had removed his sidearm from its holster. I watched him rack the slide and neatly catch the ejected round in his hand. He saw he had an audience so he turned to me grinning. He then dropped the magazine and caught it right before it hit the floor bringing it up twirling between his fingers. I wasn't sure where he was going with his little show until he decided that instead of hitting the hammer drop lever of his Sig he would just pull the trigger. I guess he thought he'd cleared the weapon. Instead he blew a hole in his brother-in-laws desk. Everyone who hadn't been watching the show jumped up pulling their own weapons and doing quick personal checks to make sure they hadn't been hit. The only one besides myself that didn't pull a weapon was his brother-in-law/leader. Looking closer I saw that there was more than one bullet hole in the side of that particular desk. My teamate and I started reffering to this style of gun clearing as the "Ahmad drill". I give him credit for at least pointing it at something non-living when he pulled the trigger. His bro-in-law and all his buddies found it a lot funnier than we did at the time, though we did manage to find humor in it once our pulses slowed down.

Page generated in 0.02232 seconds with 8 queries