View Single Post
Old July 26, 2009, 10:57 AM   #25
Roamingdoc83

Izzy, relax. I'm not contesting 'anything' you are saying. If I 'close' again the partially opened chamber and then 'rack' the slide back (pump it) and forth then a complete extraction and reload occurs. I had said this on 2009-07-23, 06:08 PM .

Luke, right... when "my" bolt comes back it comes back without grabbing anything. I "thought" I understood that, as it was recoil aided in opening, it should grab the hull/casing and begin to extract it from the chamber... the shooter then "completed" the opening and ejecting and closing (with new round).

So, if the 'recoil aided' chamber opening IS NOT (and I don't believe you said that) supposed to grab the 'hull' and hold it for ejection, why have it open in the first place (recoil aided only, no auto ejection)? I mean, Izzy sounds like the shooter must 'close' (again) the slide to pick up the hull but I doubt that is what he means...

I'm taking the shotgun to the range and will shoot it with some Winchester #6 and see if it grabs the 'hull' as it auto-rotates open the slide part way.

Thanks.

Page generated in 0.02717 seconds with 8 queries