View Single Post
Old May 7, 2005, 05:50 PM   #49
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoW
Why do you think everyone is telling Moose not to say anything more
I'm one of those people, and I told him to say nothing more because it's REALLY good advice to keep your mouth shut after a self-defense shooting. Other than saying you felt you were in mortal danger or something similar, it's best NOT to say anything. That's regardless of how clear cut or muddled the situation seems at first glance.

Ok, I'm going to say this, and it's going to sound bad, but I don't know any other way to say it. Your grasp of the basics of using deadly force and also your interpretation of Moose's situation are hopelessly confused. It's hard to find a place to start straightening things out. A lot of what you're saying is BASED in fact, but badly misinterpreted or misconstrued. Before continuing this discussion, I'd recommend that you carefully re-read your state's statutes on the use of deadly force, and then re-read the story of Moose's encounter.

Based on my study of deadly force statutes and general principles, univtxattorney is 100% correct and you are 100% wrong. Both in your interpretation of Moose's specific situation and in your application of deadly force statutes to this situation.

I consider this to be an important and valuable piece of information to impart to you--this isn't about trying to win a gun forum argument. As a gun owner and a permit holder, you are responsible to know and understand how deadly force statutes apply. As far as I can see, you are falling badly short in this regard. I hope you have not given others advice.

Best regards,

John

Page generated in 0.03579 seconds with 8 queries