View Single Post
Old April 27, 2014, 08:19 AM   #6
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorone
Personally, I'd go for the AAC for versatility/size/weight. It will mount to any of the fast attach mounts between guns of different calibers and is about 1" longer than the 5.56 can.
The only advantage of the AAC SDN-6 over the Specwar is size and weight, and he mentioned he didn't care about size and weight. The Specwar is cheaper, quieter, more durable, has less gas blow-back, and has the exact same interchangeability between 5.56 and 7.62 mounts as AAC does. In fact, the Specwar mounts more solidly with zero play, but the AAC 51T mount often has a little rotational play to it. Don't get me wrong, the SDN-6 is a great can (I have one), but the Specwar is better in every way except for weight and overall length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorone
Cool thing with sakers is you can do the standard "A2" mount, and if you want some sort of brake/FH the battlecomp is available.
There is no Saker MAAD mount available for the standard A2 flash hider. Early on, there was talk about SilencerCo making one, but since then I haven't heard it mentioned and I think it's unlikely they'll offer it any time soon. So far, they only offer five different MAAD mounts: One for their Saker Trifecta, one for their Specwar Trifecta, one for the ACC 51T, one for the YHM Y-Mount, and a direct-thread mount.

Page generated in 0.02669 seconds with 8 queries