View Single Post
Old November 2, 2013, 05:08 PM   #37
RBid

Quote:
"All pistols are made for combat!" ?? Really? Its tough to tell, but I really hope this is sarcasm. Because if it isn't, you just lost a LOT of creditability.
I choose to take this as a layered compliment. First, it speaks to my apparent mastery of the deadpan delivery via the written word. Second, it hints at credibility. Thank you, and thank you.

@ the OP:
Which 'combat pistols' are agreed to be trouble free depends on which board you go to, LGS you shop at, etc. The most common answers circulating right now are probably: 1st-early 3rd Gen Glocks, 1911s, HK P30s, or PPQs. That doesn't reflect my personal opinions, just what I commonly see from board to board, shop to shop, and in recommendation from high profile trainers (Vickers, Costa, Haley, Howe, Lamb, Defoor, Panonne, Macnamara, Falla, etc).

As for my personal opinion... I don't have one. There are a number of pistols that I know are a virtual certainty to run great out of the box.

@ "combat pistols":
There are two things that people on both sides of this argument should understand.

1. Not all pistols are designed for combat. Some are designed strictly for recreation or competition, for example. While it is true that any pistol can be deployed against other people, the distinction for many people within the gun community is clearly the purpose behind the design.

2. Words carry the power that we (people as a whole) assign to them. Once a term becomes used in a particular way by the majority, the assigned value effectively changes. No matter how much anyone hates the term "combat pistol", the bottom line is that everyone in this thread understood that it was used in reference to pistols designed for service use.

Page generated in 0.02264 seconds with 8 queries