View Single Post
Old November 25, 2004, 04:48 PM   #14
fastbolt

Hmmmm ... depends.

I won't commonly wear any rings while working. Too many instances of having rings catch on things in earlier years, fortunately without disastrous results. Also, I've listened to too many other experiences from folks I know who had their own problems, some of which were bad.

Rings can cause me problems when handling handguns, knives, & swords ... and rifles/shotguns sometimes ... so I decided not to risk exposing myself to potential problems over which I have some control.

Now, there are a couple of rubber-gripped pistols and little revolvers I carry which aren't affected by my wearing a ring on my shooting hand, and if I really feel the "need" to wear a ring, I'll consider wearing one while carrying one of them. I fully realize it may still interfere with other manual tasks, though, including the smooth employment of some blades.

I don't wear a watch ... (prefer pocket watches) ... but I'll sometimes wear a bracelet. Hey, I don't have to jump out of fixed/rotor-winged aircraft, I don't have to rappel, zip or fast-rope, and I don't have to operate heavy machinery. I'll be careful what I wear when riding one of my motorcycles, though ...

I've also experienced problems reaching for a speedloader or speedstrip in a pocket when a ring caught on a pant's pocket edge, depending on the ring, but not when carried in a jacket pocket.

Risk assessment issues.

Page generated in 0.02469 seconds with 8 queries