View Single Post
Old January 13, 2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Huffmanite

OK, being your Mexican military rifle is made in 1946, I have to think you have a model 1936 Mexican rifle in 7x57 mauser. Mexico had used German made mausers for sometime and decided to make their own rifles in the 1930s. If your rifle's bolt has a knurled nob on its end that reminds you of one on a U.S. 1903 Springfield rifle, then it is a M1936. It is considered a small ring mauser, yet it has features found on a large ring 98 mause, such as the third locking bolt lug and etc. In short, its receiver/action is kinda unique and finding replacement parts for it is rather difficult. M1936 rifle was replaced with another made in Mexico design/made mauser in 1950s, so not that many of the m1936 rifles were produced.

However, the M1936 Mexican action was highly prized for building custom rifles at one time. Today, may pay over $400 for a decent 1936 mexican action. Got the $400 price from a recent inquiry on another internet gunsite a week or so ago. Have no idea what a good condition, still military, m1936 Mexican rifle would sell for. Suggest you post an inquirey on www.surplusrifleforum.com about your rifle. Gents at surplusrifle may give you a better answer than me.

Chuckle, I bought an excellent condition still military m1936 on an internet auction several years ago for $230. Auction company had it listed as a mystery mauser, cartridge unknown. Lucky for me, pics of rifle showed the knob on its bolt and since it is kinda a rare rifle, no one else monitoring the internet auction knew what it was, so I was about only one to bid on the rifle. Unfortunately, the Mexican crest had been removed from the receiver on mine, really hurting its collectors value.

Page generated in 0.03089 seconds with 8 queries