View Single Post
Old July 21, 2009, 04:28 PM   #15
jephthai

Peluo1:

The gentlemen in this thread are not angry in any way that diminishes them. What I see here is that you have unwittingly stumbled onto an Internet forum that is full of very knowledgeable people, many of whom are (likely) substantially older and more experienced than you, who are frustrated with the attitude you displayed towards an activity that they hold dear.

I can only assume that you have not spent any significant time reading through threads on this forum prior to posting your videos. If you had, you would have noticed that the people who frequent this forum are serious about safety, etiquette, and the survival of the firearm sports. They are a tremendous resource, and their input should not be scoffed at and discarded.

I challenge you to examine yourself and your videos in light of what these kind sirs have brought to your attention. A mature and humble response would be to recognize the real danger of the activities you called fun, and make a change for the better.

I, for one, am concerned with lots of the videos I see on Youtube that display a similar disregard for safety precautions. In some small part, these behaviors diminish the entire gun-owning culture. This culture includes people like Bud Helms who have devoted more life and expertise to this hobby / responsibility / way of life than even his thousands of posts on this forum might indicate.

I believe his tone, though it may seem harsh, is appropriately harsh. It is, in fact, a reprimand, and should be received as such. It was certainly intended to curb any meaningless discussion following your posted videos and keep the discussion centered on safety.

-Jephthai-

Page generated in 0.03485 seconds with 8 queries