View Single Post
Old October 28, 2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Beretta686

Saiga gas settings for Buckshot

I have a Saiga-12 SBS with a 12-inch barrel which I've finally gotten to be reliable with birdshot. To do that I got one of the "low brass reliability kit". I love it and constantly clear the skeet range for a 10-15 foot radius every time I shoot.

For it to work I have it all the way open and I haven't had a single jam in hundreds of rounds. However, I recently started cranking buckshot through it which cycles great; even if I'm shooting it offhand with the stock folded, something which won't work on the birdshot.

However I've recently had someone on the range tell me I need to tighten up the gas port for buckshot as that will supposedly damage the internals.

Is there much truth to that on damaging the internals? If so should I also get some of the plastic buffers to limit the metal-on-metal contact?

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Page generated in 0.03789 seconds with 8 queries