View Single Post
Old August 27, 2011, 09:09 AM   #19
jgcoastie

That's the biggest concern for us, I think... Because there's very little information about the rules they're operating under, there's very little we, as end users of product, can do to protect ourselves from legal/criminal charges.

The best course I can imagine right now is; if you have exotic stocks, grips, etc on your guns, try as best you can to figure out what it is and where it came from and when. For those of us who don't have exotic materials on our guns, stand by to stand by.

I assume (and hope) that Gibson and similar companies will make their case in court at some point, and then the precedent (and hopefully clearer rules) will be set, which will give at least some direction for us to take with our firearms accessories.
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.02491 seconds with 8 queries