View Single Post
Old June 4, 2013, 08:26 AM   #4
Sevens

Sounds like a fine load to me. Although, a bit expensive in component bullets. For that purpose, I would consider a nice cast lead bullet.

The place I shoot has a phenomenal array of steel plates, so that's what I shoot most. They do have limits on what we can hit them with however, so I recently built and tested a load for my 7.5" barreled Redhawk .44 Mag-- a 240 grain cast LSWC with 5.7 grains of Titegroup under it. It gave me very consistent results over the chrono at 870 feet per second. There's no doubt that in .44 Magnum, it's a very mild load.

Pure please to shoot, drops steel plates nicely without beating the snot out of them and it's very low in cost, mostly because of the bullet.

I chose Titegroup because in that LARGE .44 Magnum case, a light charge can get erratic with too much empty space, and Titegroup has a well-earned reputation for being very insensitive to powder position in a large case. It seems like a VERY good load for me. Whole lot of fun.

Page generated in 0.02419 seconds with 8 queries