View Single Post
Old July 16, 2008, 11:14 PM   #24
workinwifdakids

Keep in mind that if a cop shoots you right between the eyes, the only thing he'll get is a 3-day paid vacation, so approach the situation knowing that.

Personally, the very second I was done shooting, I'd call 911 on my cell. I wouldn't say anything except this:

"I need an ambulance right now at [x] location between [y] and [z] streets. A man's been shot." It's critical to use the passive voice (e.g., "been shot") instead of the active voice (e.g., "I shot") because of your 5th Amendment rights.

Only if pressed by the dispatcher should you admit to being the shooter, and then only by saying something like, "He attacked me with a knife. I tried to run away, but he wouldn't stop chasing me. I begged him not to make me shoot him, but he kept coming at me with the knife. I was scared I was going to die." Again, don't ever say "I shot him."

While you're on the phone with 911, empty your handgun, open and clear the action, and set it down several feet away from you with you seated on the ground. With you on the cell phone and seated on the ground, it may take several moments for the police to even see the gun.

I think this way, you're less likely to be shot by a cop.

But only marginally.

Page generated in 0.03215 seconds with 8 queries