View Single Post
Old March 17, 2014, 03:49 AM   #2
Bake

The first place you should shoot a new (or new to you) shotgun is the patterning broad. Just because it says "Skeet" on the side, it doesn't mean that its the best choice for skeet. Pick the choke that's gives you a uniform pattern ( 30" diameter at 25 yards) without holes. Every time you shoot a different brand of shells, your pattern & your PoI may change and you may be required to change the chokes. Even, just going from #9s to #8s can change things. Going from 2 1/2 drams to 3 drams can blow up you pattern.

Some aftermarket choke makers claim that there Ext. chokes will give better patterns than the OEM chokes, of the same size.

One of the main reasons I shoot an O/U, is so I can shoot the lower barrel with an I-C choke first, and the upper barrel second with an skeet choke.

Page generated in 0.03405 seconds with 8 queries