View Single Post
Old September 10, 2013, 09:00 AM   #73
ClydeFrog

Post #66; 9x19mm prices, milspec & defense-carry....

I disagree with part of post 66.
Milspec or surplus grade 9mm/9mmNATO is different than the high-end/LE grade pistol ammunition most US consumers use for duty/concealed/home protection.
Those rounds I'd say will still be in the $1.00/1.50 range for the next few years. They may lower in retail price if the interest in the shooting sports/defense weapons levels off or lowers, but I highly doubt it will.

As noted in another topic post, more & more US citizens are buying defense guns & the related gear/ammunition/scopes/holsters. The new shooters honestly don't know what would be expensive or what is a rip-off because they have nothing to compare it to.
If you were in a armed profession or were a hunter since the 1980s/1990s, you'd feel differently than a gun buyer or shooter who just started in 2010 or 2012(and there are 1000s of those now ).
Some major firms like ATK or CorBon or Hornady may claim they are increasing ammunition production but no company is flooding the US market with enough pistol rounds(like China or the Warsaw Pact countries) to reduce the costs.

FWIW; I saw on one well known online site that they no longer sold any .357SIG rounds. 0.

Page generated in 0.03630 seconds with 8 queries