View Single Post
Old April 1, 2011, 06:08 PM   #42
ipscchef

Again, we agree.

Hi there Woodyed!
I agree with you 100%. But he is adamant about getting a 30-30 for his first hunting long gun. He has complained about how my 30-06 is such a cannon and he does not like the recoil. This, coming from a thirty eight year old man who is six foot tall and weighs 300lbs!, He played Offensive and Defensive line in college and intermural football. I am half his size and have no such problems with recoil. Go figure.

I have suggested just what you have said but he has his heart set on a Marlin 30-30. what I think I am giong to do is for Christmas, get him a bolt gun in something like .308 Win, I would love to get him, and myself for that matter, one of the new Marlins, I think they are really good looking guns, and they seem to be very practical in addition. but current funds rule them out for now I would like to get myself one in .338. one of these days when I have
the money.

I am considering the new, economy priced Marlin Bolt actions. I have seen them as low as $299 or so with a basic scope on them, and that should be within reach for me money wise by the holidays. I think that the .308 is about as small as I would want to go for Moose, but do think it would be adequate for them. What are your thoughts?

I would like to thank FrankenMauser again for his help, and will say that if he wanted to jump in, that would be great. He is one of the people here who always seems to be able to bring something to the table. As opposed to some others.
Willy

Page generated in 0.02677 seconds with 8 queries