View Single Post
Old November 4, 2010, 05:56 PM   #16
zippy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhedges
So i should start shootin the rifled slugs out of improved cylinder chokes not full or modified?
Yes, by all means start you slug testing with an open bore (cyl., skeet, or imp. cyl.) not full nor modified. Slugs are't really "rifled" -- they have ribs, straight or pitched, that reduce barrel friction and aid compressive deformation at the muzzle.

What no one has mentioned thus far: What is your indented shooting environment? I assume you're going with slugs because rifles aren't allowed. To me, it usually means areas where dense concealment causes a safety concern with the increased range of a rifle -- but, this isn't always the case. Are you shooting near home, or is this going to be a new area for you? If a new area, may I recommend seeking the advice of locals. Contact a LGS or guide, in the area, and ask what are the more popular smooth bore slugs. There's no use busting your hump to get your shotgun to slug-drive tacks at 100-yards if the local environment presents 40-yard maximum shots.

Page generated in 0.02912 seconds with 8 queries