View Single Post
Old December 17, 2012, 11:52 PM   #78
Tom Servo
Staff

Dear Representative _______,

Like all other Americans, I am shocked to the core by the recent shooting in Connecticut. I can understand the pressure that any leader feels to address such a tragedy.

However, HB ___ does not provide the answers we need. A ban on ____ was enacted in 1994. In the ten years it was in effect, it was shown by numerous sources, both private and governmental, to have had no measurable effect on violent crime. The only result was to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

The Supreme Court has made the scope of the 2nd Amendment clear. It guarantees individual citizens the right to self-defense with weapons in common use. The ____ is such a weapon. A ban on it runs counter to the spirit of the Constitution and serves only to punish millions of citizens who have no intention of using it to inflict violence.

I'm sure you'll agree that we cannot abrogate the rights of the many for the sins of a few.

For these reasons, I urge you to vote against HB ____. On behalf of myself and your other constitutents, I thank you for taking the time to consider my concerns.

Page generated in 0.02516 seconds with 8 queries