View Single Post
Old January 26, 2013, 02:43 PM   #27
WVsig

Quote:
I do not think the 357 is a Boutique round, its just not currently top of the charts and may never be, but its both a good one and interesting and a very good range round. If you reload or get into it then its an easy one to reload. Cost is the same as 9mm other than the brass (assuming you have to buy the brass an not get range brass)
I think that it falls into that class, boutique round, because it is not growing in popularity. People are not issuing it as a duty weapon in great numbers. There are some who still us it in mass like the VA state troopers but I personally think its popularity has peaked and it was never really that popular. IMHO YMMV.

To the re loading portion I will take your word for it that it is easy to reload. I remember hearing it was harder than other rounds due to the crimp but I stand corrected....

It is not that is a bad round I just do not think it is or will ever be as well supported as 9mm or 45 ACP. Which in the changing gun climate to me is a consideration when purchasing new defense guns.

Page generated in 0.03388 seconds with 8 queries