View Single Post
Old March 23, 2012, 05:28 PM   #13
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Guessing from your stand the angle puts the bullets traveling hard towards the dirt. That explains missing the brain with a behind the ear placement.
I understand where you are coming from, but the downward angle is slight, 10 feet high at 30 yards (90 feet) means a one foot drop every 9 feet and the relative elevation may actually be less because the spot where the hogs were is actually slightly up hill from the stand.

Quote:
I've never hunted hogs, but wouldn't a shot above and in front of the shoulder be a good spinal shot?
Quote:
Cluck..on a big boar pig..the shield is there....
Ken is correct in that area would be protected by the shield, but with that round at that distance you are still looking at about 2100 ft lbs. and 1800 fps and so the shield is not a significant issue, big boar or small. However, I do appreciate your optimism, though I don't share it. I shot a hog upside the head and missed the skull and mandible that are nearly run under the skin but shooting forward of the shoulder to hit the spine would just be amazing as the spine isn't going to be right under the skin, LOL.

Page generated in 0.03294 seconds with 8 queries