View Single Post
Old May 28, 2002, 03:04 PM   #5
Gomez

Correia brings up an interesting point regarding more people CCWing. I ABSOLUTELY agree. I don't want to give the impression that I would be in favor of government mandated "high speed training". That would be counterproductive in the extreme. I simply believe that as honest, concerned gunowners/guncarriers we should train as often, and as realistically, as we can.

On the topic of "draw & shoot", I blame the M.O.S.S. contingent in the training community for the longterm lack of information on this very valuable skill. [Mystikal Order of Secret Stuff] A martial arts instructor of mine once said that "those who only have a little to offer, guard it jealously. While those who have much to offer share willingly." The M.O.S.S. contingent held their "secrets" tightly to their chests and frowned mightily upon those who would share the "secrets".

Nowadays you can pick up books and magazine articles covering the basics of almost every school of thought on how the Drawstroke or Presentation should be done and why it should be done that way. Oh, course it still haelps to have a live body stand next to you and correct/critique what you're doing.

Page generated in 0.03032 seconds with 8 queries