View Single Post
Old February 24, 2012, 01:49 PM   #16
IMightBeWrong

The SIGs in Germany have a different construction. They use a stamped carbon steel slide that's a little thinner in profile and about 2 ounces lighter but also seems to recoil more smoothly in my experience. The fit and finish is also a bit higher quality on W. German models. The finish can really take a beating on a German made model compared to a US model. Plus over the last few years SIG in NH has seen an increase in issues with Quality Control, and after trying to cut down to only one magazine per pistol purchased new while simultaneously increasing their MSRP a few years ago I've got a bit of a bad taste left in my mouth as well.

One of the things I really admire about the German production is that their philosophy seems to be that it's better to have a small line of options built to the highest possible standards than have hundreds of different offerings from one line of pistols with less attention paid to overall quality. You won't find the special editions we have here in the US coming from the W. German facilities, but you will get a fantastic pistol with the best quality you've ever seen out of the box.

HK is very consistent on the other hand. What we get here from HK is the same as what sees holster time over in Germany. There's no jumping through hoops trying to find one manufactured to the specifications you prefer when you buy an HK, and I really admire that about them.

Page generated in 0.03684 seconds with 8 queries