View Single Post
Old November 23, 2006, 12:14 AM   #36
Big Don

Great reading!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this thread, especially since I have a love/hate relationship with crows also. I admire their brains but the blasted things drive me crazy.
The broom story hit home with me. Used to head to the San Diego desert area for fun and shooting and would have crows show up sometimes. They learned very quickly what my shotgun looked like and veered off path, well out of range. However, when I came out of the house and pointed a broom stick at them, they laughed and kept right on course.
I've used CB caps in the urban setting and found them to be very effective. I shot a crow out of one of my trees and he never made a sound, except for the thud when he hit my roof. Within 30 seconds, the sky was swarming with his buddies, all screeching and squawking about their dead buddy. Oh, if only I could have hauled out the shotgun then!
Shooting CB caps out of a single shot, bolt action .22 rifle with a long barrel makes less noise than most air rifles I've shot. Neighbors never even know.

Page generated in 0.02488 seconds with 8 queries