View Single Post
Old March 28, 2013, 12:09 PM   #1
redhologram

2 Sigs in 2 days (Pics Added)

Pics added at bottom
This has been my lucky week for great finds. First, I had been after something a little smaller and easier to conceal for some of my lighter weight summer fitted clothes.
I had been carrying my DB9 because it was easier for me to ccw than my G19/4, G26/4, or xdm9.

Sunday a cute little Sig P238 Nitron decided it would make a great summer time carry piece. So it is now residing happily with me. As well as an extra 7 rd mag and a pair of black Hogue grips.

Tuesday, I don't know what happened. Went trolling through several LGS's. Haven't been in a while for obvious reasons. (:cough: lack of inventory :cough: ) Not to be disappointed, not much has changed. However.. it's those little out of the way, run down looking, hole in the walls that I always prefer. Step over about 7 cats, nod to Jim & Jack dozing on the front porch in their coveralls, open the screen door and step in. Those are the places that just get my nose twitching.

He had just gotten in that morning 4 Sig P938's. Blackwood, Equinox, Rosewood and Extreme. That was it. Impulse buying at it's best. The Rosewood P938 came home with me.. I ran down to another LGS yesterday morning and picked up an extra 7 rd mag for it as well. (I am now going to order the Sig Rosewood grips for the P238, they are so pretty).

Took them both out yesterday (along with the db9, G19, 26 and also the fiancé was in town and wanted to do some shooting on a new G36 he had picked up).

I'm happy to say, those Sigs are SWEET!
That P238 has absolutely NO RECOIL whatsoever (I'm a 5'7" 126lbs female for reference point). I can rack the slide with two fingers, it's smooth as glass, and the sights are awesome. My groups were so tight and on the money. Kept blowing the same hole wide open.
The P938 is also nice to shoot. Same slide, able to rack with two fingers. Tight springs on the magazine, however. Getting the last two rds in were hard. Can tell it's a new mag. I could feel a little recoil when shooting it but it wasn't one that made your gun jump out of your hand to where you couldn't get your subsequent shots off. (firm, proper, closed grip assumed). I still kept my groups tights (not quite as tight as I did on the P238 I admit, but still in a rough 2" area). I'll take that for first time out with a new gun.

On the hunt now for a new IWB and belt to work on concealing the 938. It does, unfortunately, print on me pretty bad so I've got to work on solving that, or either it'll have to wait out Spring and Summer weather to work it's way into ccw.

Overall, I'm a happy camper!

P238 before putting the grips on. This is now residing on my hip full time.

P938 cleaned and put back away for now.

Last edited by redhologram; March 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Added Pics

Page generated in 0.03661 seconds with 8 queries