View Single Post
Old August 19, 2011, 08:12 AM   #44
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Like I said, my pistol is fussy my revolver isn't. Neither is my brothers single six. There aren't a whole lot of brands I haven't tried and only a few have been clinkers. Some of the beast brands are no longer made and if I had known that at the time I wouldn't have shot them up but so it goes. I only claim to be good looking, not smart.

As for game getting away after a hit I only had that happen with a hollow point. I blew a hole in his gut and he took off running with his guts hanging out. He got down into his hole before I could get another shot off. I have never had that happen in 40+ years shooting solids, Maybe the fact I shoot standard velocity target ammo may have something to do with my accuracy and not blowing clear through a rabbit most of the time. I have had to shoot a few twice but not often and they didn't get away, I hit them they stopped where I shot them, most died instantly. I never had a problem taking squirrels or pigeons with a single shot, HP definitely not needed.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02002 seconds with 8 queries