View Single Post
Old March 15, 2011, 01:52 PM   #17
Bogie

The smaller Grizzly "Gunsmith's" lathe looks interesting for the money... I'm considering one of those. Main thing is just tightening stuff up to eliminate runout.... Maybe truing the jaws on the chucks, etc...

One thing I -really- want when I get the first "this is mine" lathe is a drawbar collet system - if you're doing any sort of production on smaller parts, that's the way to go.

One thing to consider too is "Do I want to mess with three phase, or can I struggle along with regular 220, or do I just wanna plug it into the wall?"

Day to day, I've been using a Hardinge 2nd operation lathe, a big ol Japanese thing that I'm not sure who made it, a Jet and a Bridgeport mill, and I've gotten pretty good at changing parts and hitting da button on a Shizuoka AN-S CNC mill. We're getting ready to get another Shizuoka up and running, and our Milltronics Partner X is down for maintenance right now.

And making the world's greatest bottle openers!

Page generated in 0.02536 seconds with 8 queries