View Single Post
Old March 17, 2009, 05:43 AM   #1
rem870hunter

NJ Hunting bills A1669,A595a

not sure if this belongs here the gen. discussion section is firearms related only though. but this about hunting so i hope its relevant. yesterday afternoon in the NJ general assembly 2 bills were voted on, A1669 which approves SUNDAY bowhunting for DEER. A1669 is heading to our gov. to be signed,hopefully he does the right thing and signs it into law.

bill A595a was approved in the NJ gen. assembly as well,its being sent to the senate to voted on there. Bill A595a approves a closer safety zone distance,150' instead of the already in place 450' safety zone distance. its limited to bow and arrow only for deer,and must be in a treestand. maybe it gets changed just a taste,so you do not need to be in a stand,but just elevated enough that your shot is at a downward angle should it pass through the deer or miss it. that being said if you must only be in an elevated position i could shoot from my roof at deer if i wanted to,after the law is passed

NJ hunters,outdoorsman and women please call,write,email your senators and get A595a passed and Senate related Bill of S976 too. email Gov. Corzine and ask the he support and sign Bill A1669 into LAW when he receives it soon.

Page generated in 0.03206 seconds with 9 queries