View Single Post
Old October 22, 2009, 10:00 PM   #26
zippy13

Getting a little back on thread... shooting the Kolar Max Skeet, not selling your soul to Satan to pay for one. Waterengineer, did you have a chance to shoot a more conventially configured preimum skeet gun on the semi-circular, 8 stations of fun that day?

As I age, and my reaction time slows, I find my hold points must be moved towards center. The same applies to my past experience shooting trap guns at skeet targets. One would think that the longer and lighter trap guns would behave similarly to my shorter tubed skeet guns in getting on target. But, with differing radii of gyration giving different swings, I find I have to adjust my hold point outwards with the trap style guns even more for a smooth target acquisition.

Years ago, I was able to squeek into AA-Class using conventional hold points and a swing-through style. My mentor sugggested that I move my hold points outward and switch to a sustained lead. At the end of that season I made a serious effort to make the change, was pleasently suprised with the results, and have never looked back. Guns of the Kohlar Max Skeet style may be beneficial to those in, or about to enter, similar transitional periods. I found my traditionally styled tubed skeet guns sufficed. (Born too soon)

Page generated in 0.02256 seconds with 8 queries