View Single Post
Old October 4, 2000, 09:24 PM   #11
Watchman

I made a hollowpointer and it works well. I use it on my Dillon 550.

The hollowpointer is basically a small shaft with a no. 3 centerdrill in it. I made an oilight bushing to sit in the top of my decapping die while I take a battery powered drill and spin it . I have the bullet held in place with the press, the bullet is in the shell , loaded and in the decapping die with the press handle in the down position . Of course, you must take the decapping stem out first. The bullet is held firmly enough that it does not spin, I put a small collar on the shaft to ensure that the depth of all hollowpoints are the same.

The lead bullets look much like the factory hollowpoints and upon inspection of them after recovering them from the sand after they were shot , they appeared to be no different from factory expansion hollowpoints. I was quite content and somewhat suprised that they appeared to work so well.

Will hopllowpoints ever be outlawed ? Probably. They are already illegal in the state of New Jersey. Eventually, ammunition and possession of firearms will be illegal, it is not a matter of IF, but it is a matter of WHEN...

I have the solution and it works quite well.

Page generated in 0.02351 seconds with 8 queries