View Single Post
Old July 25, 2010, 12:07 AM   #25
usaign

Now why in Texas can you not carry a club around? There are some good reasons as to why someone might want to carry a club or a Taser. For example, imagine you are the manager of a Papa Johns making the nightly drop at the safe deposit box.

I could go on and on with different examples. There are some people who need a greater level of protection then just their hands. They may not be comfortable with a pistol and so they choose a club-like weapon.

I am disappointed that Texas has such liberal laws on concealed carry of pistols, but cant give their citizens the right to carry a club or baton. Waving around a baton or club could give someone a little extra time to retreat.

Whenever I need some extra training, then I turn to youtube because there are lots of experts on there. This guy has a good point. Use the ASP baton like a whip, not a bat. The key is to get the first 2-3 inches on the target and then snap it back into ready position. The idea is to make the target go away. If they come near you, then you snap the 2-3 inches down on them inflicting pain and then get back into ready position to inflict more pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux2eoJG3lRI

Last edited by usaign; July 25, 2010 at 12:16 AM.

Page generated in 0.03244 seconds with 8 queries