View Single Post
Old October 25, 2001, 11:53 AM   #3
Bottom Gun

I bought an RCBS hand priming tool and have been very disappointed in it.
It will not seat large primers deeply enough. My bolt will actually score the primer when I chamber a round.
I've called RCBS several times and each time they send me a new rod for seating large primers which is identical to the one I have. Sometimes they'll send other parts as well.
Problem is, the large seating rod is shorter than the rod which seats the small primers. They need to be the same length. I cannot make the people who answer the phone at RCBS understand this.
They have sent me enough new parts to build another priming tool, but they will not listen to my analysis of the problem. They tell me that the problem is very technical in nature and I might not understand if they tried to explain it to me.
Well, could be they're right since I've only worked as a mechanical engineer for the last 30+ years.

I finally gave up on them and bought a Lee priming tool which mounts on top of a press. It works well.
I may make a new seating rod for the RCBS from some drill rod when I get some spare time, but if I don't it will most likely end up in the trash where it belongs.

I certainly wouldn't buy another.

My two cents.

Page generated in 0.03502 seconds with 8 queries