View Single Post
Old March 21, 2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Dragline45

If you want my opinion, if you prefer a safety ditch the Glock since you don't feel comfortable with the platform, and look into something with either a safety, a DA/SA trigger, or DAO. Adding a safety to a pistol not designed for one might compromise reliability. Personally I don't like Glocks because of the lack of a safety. My preferred method of carry is sewing a pocket inside my jeans to act as an IWB holster. All my jeans have this and I carry this way about 95% of the time. Because this is how I carry I have an aversion to Glocks and their lack of a safety. By the way if you are wondering why I do this and don't use a holster, I find holsters bulky and tend to ride too high, and believe me I have tried just about every style holster out there. This method is ultra concealable and just downright works for me. If my carry guns sat in a holster 100% of the time I would have no problem Glocks. But my guns don't sit in a holster all the time, sometimes it is just sitting out on the desk, in the glove box or center console, in a bag, etc. The Glock style safe action trigger is not a safety, and the trigger is not heavy enough for me to rely on nothing getting in that trigger guard and setting it off.

Page generated in 0.03727 seconds with 8 queries