View Single Post
Old March 20, 2007, 10:17 PM   #35
44 AMP
Staff

Relosding for someone else

Not sure how it is today, but it used to be that if you loaded the ammo, you were making ammo. If you reloaded his brass (with his powder,bullets, & primers) you were performing a service.

If someone asks me to load ammo for them I say, sure, give me your gun. I would not consider loading for anyone else without their gun to test the ammo on. After all, loads have to be worked up to be safe in a particular gun.
That stops most of them right there.

As far as being sued, well it could happen, but it is not high on list of worries. I do not sell handloads, only reload for myself, because all my friends handload their own.

I do not have a problem with the idea of handloading for someone else, as long as someone I trust. And it is all about trust. I trust my reloads in my guns, I trust my reloads in his gun (as long as I work them up in that gun), and I trust the individual to behave honorably.

Sure, you can get sued for anything, and may even lose (even though you have no control over the gun or the ammo after it leaves your possession), so you have to decide how much of a risk you are actually running by allowing someone else to shoot your reloads (even in your gun), so think carefully, and decide for your self.

In my case, I'm not worried.

Page generated in 0.03341 seconds with 8 queries