View Single Post
Old April 19, 2012, 07:48 AM   #24
"JJ"

In my opinion, the coyote will come in after your dogs for either territorial, breeding or feeding issues. Right now, depending on location, the female should be bred and getting ready to drop a litter so I would say either the coyote perceived your dogs as a threat or a meal. I wouldn't assume that there was something "wrong" with the coyote (mange or rabies) just from its presence. The coyote will patrol its territory on a regular basis to keep every inch of it from a neighboring family unit. Depending on your dogs, my guess would be it was looking for a meal. I have four different places I hunt that lost family pets to coyotes. In fact while reading this thread, I just got a call from another land owner who had three coyotes hassling his full grown yellow lab Amos this morning! What a coincidence! This guy has a small property but the neighboring properties make his location a prime coyote spot. I have called and killed four coyotes on this place in the last year. Coyotes are cunning creatures! Never underestimate them! Good luck with your problem!

Page generated in 0.03399 seconds with 8 queries