View Single Post
Old July 12, 2013, 01:35 PM   #54
csmsss

Quote:
Seems pretty simple to me. My reaction will be the same whether the threat weapon is pointed at the head or the torso.
You know this how, exactly? Are you a robot? You always know exactly how you will react in every situation, no matter how the actual context varies from how you imagined it? Sheesh.

Quote:
You seem to have a problem describing what you believe the appropriate difference would be.
***? I have no problem at all describing the difference. A gunshot wound to the brain is nearly universally lethal, whereas with prompt treatment, the victim generally has a reasonable chance of surviving a torso wound.

Quote:
But I've only been a sheriff for about 8 years.
Glad I don't live in your county.

Quote:
Exactly NONE of the training or classes that I have been a part of have covered optional tactics based on whether the threat weapon is pointed at the head or torso.
No class on earth is a substitute for sound reasoning - and if you think going into a deadly force situation with a checklist is sound reasoning, well then your judgment is suspect indeed.

Quote:
Do you have ANY references to ANY kind of recognized literature or training that supports your blatherings?

Are you capable of sharing at least a minimal thought on what you would do differently between a gun pointed at someone's torso and one pointed at someone's head?
Sigh. Your reading comprehension is tragically deficient. You still don't get the point, and probably never will. I will repeat it one last time, and then I'm done with this because it is, quite frankly, boring me. The point is that if the bad guy changes his point of aim from a place where it would be less dangerous to the victim to one that is MORE dangerous, that it would be an escalating factor/variable that makes the danger to the other party greater. Period. I simply do not understand why you cannot grasp what should be a very simple truth.

Page generated in 0.02872 seconds with 8 queries